Friday, April 12, 2013

For Anna

Yet another loved teacher is leaving the daycare, it came as quite a surprise to me. So I was ill prepared and needed a very quick project since we wanted to give her a little something to say "thank you" for being such a darling with the kids.




It's still quite cold here, so I figured wrist warmers would be perfect. I used alpaca yarn from my stash and kept it simple - off-white with a dash of light yellow in the second row of shells (can you see it?). This project was done in just a few hours, but I have to admit I had a hard time with the chart. I ended up winging it and doing it my way. Don't know if I was right or wrong, but the end result was pretty! Project notes here.




Pictures were taken in our early morning rush, and Esther was so attached to my hands that I had a hard time getting pictures at all! My hands are her lovies you see, always have been. She like to rub my fingers on her nose and play with my fingers, she's done this since she was a baby. I've tried to slip a small stuffed animal into her hands and tried with blankets and other soft things. She's had her favorites, one of them a small bear her cousin made for her, but they've always just been "a little something on the side". She wants my hands, always. A bit trying at times and I sometimes wish I had a third arm so everyone is happy, but I know I will miss her little hands playing with mine when she doesn't want them anymore.


This last pic is taken by my son, who decided to try and help. Sweethearts the both of them.

1 comment:

  1. They are lovely! And a lovely gift for the still chilly spring days. My three year old has never had any cuddly toy or blanket but is obsessed with his pacifier! I am not sure how we are going to get rid of it. I think we are going to try this christmas, when father christmas takes the pacifiers and leaves presents instead :) Not sure that is going to work though!

    ReplyDelete