Monday, April 23, 2012

Underwear pizza and other tidbits from days passed


The weekend started with a much needed girls night out. I decided to try something new, so I had snails. Tasted sort of like mushrooms. All the garlic saved the dish, I don't think I'll have them again.

I woke up on Saturday not feeling very well, thinking that I didn't have that much wine the night before and then realizing that I was getting sick. Spent Saturday in denial, made home-made calzones (calzone sounds like the swedish word for underwear - "kalsonger", so we always call it underwear pizza), whole family involved. I supervised, hubby executed most of the work, Sebastián rolled pizza dough and Esther ate it. They were delicious, I do believe I will need to post a recipe soon.

Sunday spent on the couch with an earache, headache  - everything ached. But I didn't mind, I really needed to just be at home and do absolutely nothing. Hubby took the kids to their grandparents, ah, the silence...

...and then - the silence! Way too quiet at home, I missed the kids after a couple of hours. Was so happy when they got home. Seeing Esther walk around, fall around - her balance is still just a bit off. Sebastián wearing his spiderman suit that he refuses to take off (and he only answers to spiderman now).

And this morning I was pleasantly surprised to see that the acrobats of the air were back, the swallows are here! I adore swallows. Their high pitched cries are summer to me, and they just look like they are having so much fun the way they fly about. If I was an animal I'd definitely want to be a swallow.

Back on the couch, spiderman is next to me and Esther is sleeping in the stroller. Oh Esther, she is having a hard time letting go. I'm trying to get her turned off of boob food but she is adamant and won't give up "tah-tah". Sigh, I kind of want my body back now. Aw well, it will work itself out somehow, it always does!

All in all it was a good, lazy weekend. Now I just need to get back on my feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment