Sunday, March 4, 2012

Weekending



This weekend I have been

:: listening to birds chirping both outdoors and in my home. I bought a bird book and cd with bird song for the kids, its been playing non-stop in their room (the biologist in me did a little happy dance that my boy liked it so much)

:: missing my brothers and sisters. I called every one today, only didn't get a hold of my older sister. Feeling the need to get us all together for dinner and a movie, something like that.

::marveling at my little girl who has completely abandoned her speed crawling and is walking all over the place now, both indoors and out. My back says "thank you" - or will say thank you once she is over this clingy I-need-to-be-with-you-all-the-time-or-I'll-cry-my-eyes-out-stage. My brother called her a Klingon, haha. Yes, she is.

:: getting my hands dirty. Dried peas were planted on Friday, and this morning I saw that they are germinating. I repotted a half-dead Geranium and planted some corms from my wild-looking Sweetheart Vine. This plant has such adorable names, in swedish its "hjärtan på tråd", which means hearts on a string. I always have one or more of these beautiful plants around my home, love them.

:: running. The weather was finally warm enough for a run (I can't handle the cold), and the streets were pretty much free of ice. I thought I'd puke when I got home, I don't think I've gotten any real exercise since October last year! It was just too hard to get out, I'd always come home to a crying Esther who wanted to nurse. Boy oh boy was that adrenaline kick needed, I've really missed that!


And now the kids are asleep and I'm going to enjoy a glass of red wine and do some knitting. Hope you've had a good weekend too.

 

2 comments:

  1. so much to love here, birds and redwine, knitting and running (well, i used to) and a sweetheart vine? i want to see that! your baby is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a photo of that sweetheart vine, I'll post it for you once my camera battery is charged!

      Can't say I'm much of a runner, but like I wrote, I love the adrenaline kick and its a good way to exercise when you have small kids - no set times for the workout, I can go out anytime. Used to do a lot of spinning and pilates before I had kids, maybe I'll get back to that someday... Hope your not running is by choice and not some injury or health issue that forced you to quit. Take care

      Delete