Saturday, February 4, 2012

Checking in

Mostly just checking in here, it's been quite in my corner. Chicken pox, sleepiness and trying to find time to work on my thesis has kept me unwillingly away. Not even time for knitting, so no yarn along post from me this week. *sigh* A week without knitting is a sad week indeed!

I'm in a total funk. Trying once again to kick my bad coffee habit, but here I sit with just one little cup to rid myself of this awful headache and hope that I will be up for some sledding soon. It freezing cold outside today,  -16 C, but out we must, every day, to soak up what sun we can and breath in that clean, crisp air. We have promised my boy sledding today, so we'll be heading out in a bit. Hopefully it will be a bit warmer then, I don't know how long we can be out at these temperatures.

Winter came so late this year, I'm hoping we won't have one of those winters that drags on for too long. But that's whats been happening lately. Winter comes late and encroaches on what should be spring months, and spring seems like just a small hiccup before summer. I'm doing my best to enjoy this cold weather, trying to capture the beauty of all that snow and ice outside, trying to make the most of cozying up with my hot water bottle and blankets inside.


Mushroom man
But secretly, I am still longing for spring and summer, I can't help it. I miss having the front door open all day, letting Sebastián run in and out as he pleases, bbq's, fishing, planting things and just everything that warm weather brings. But for now, I'll try to enjoy what we have left of this season. Spring will be here soon enough.





4 comments:

  1. ah sylvia, i hope you are all feeling better soon. and i hope you will also be soon over coffee. i never thought i would stop but 3 years ago when i became ill i did. at first decaf and then i drink lots of rooibos tea. i only miss coffee when i smell it, but never the caffeinne. it's good to not have that addiction.

    and i envy your winter, we don't really have seasons, although it is cold(for us) here right now. all your seasons must really increase your appreciation for them.

    good luck with your thesis and don't worry about the yarn along, it will be there next week! (i don't have anything to post either).
    xox lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the perks of having four seasons is looking forward to them all, dreaming about all those lovely things that make each season so special - and enjoying it to the fullest when that season finally arrives. Right now the snow is melting, birds are chirping and the sun is shining. Feels like spring is right around the corner, and I can't wait for all the flowers!

      No yarn along for me this week either, but soon. Still working a bit on my projects every now and then. Knitting for my own sanity, really ;) Take care!

      Delete
  2. Life is busy here too! But it is nice to be blog absent for some time, it means you are living your real life :) I am still not ready to come back regularly, essays, manuscripts needing to be sent, illnesses in need of taking care and lots of knitting are keeping me away from posting! Anyway, I just wanted to say I also drink coffee even though I am pregnant. Only one cup a day and mainly when I am at work, I enjoy it and don't feel bad about it. As long as you don't drink ten cups a day you should just enjoy it, don't be hard on yourself! Buy some expensive and fantastic coffee and enjoy a cup or two each day, I have experienced that if I buy good quality coffee I drink much less cause the taste is so satisfying and good. I am planning on buying a coffee grinder soon :)
    Oh and I will email the recipe for the sun buns tomorrow! I left for tromsø and completely forgot about it. Take care and start easy on your thesis, I know how you feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying a cup of joe as I write this :) I don't think I could ever give up coffee, but I have definitely needed to cut down! Was easier than I thought, although I do get those blasted withdrawal headaches if I don't get my caffeine fix. I hate that! We have a coffee machine with a built in grinder and a timer. The coffee is delicious and it is quite nice to wake up to a fresh pot of newly ground coffee!
    Good luck with all you have to do, busy is good but tiresome when you're pregnant. Take care!

    ReplyDelete